Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Walking Dead

I feel awful. Again not enough sleep, but it isn't too bad at this point after a couple cups of coffee. I am freezing! it is 47 degrees outside. I had to fight with Anna this morning because she thinks it's appropriate to walk across town to school in nothing but a t-shirt... I don't agree with her assessment. Could not find her a jacket quickly so I ended up taking her to school... in my bathrobe, LOL... yeah, I'm one of those moms :) Now the chill has really set in... yuck. AND my allergies have decided to flare up on me. I am sneezing, and blowing my nose, and my eyes are watering, and I am out of my allergy meds. I'm hoping they settle down soon so I can go to Curves without looking like The Walking Dead. I may feel like it, but I certainly don't want to look like it, LOL!

I'm feeling a bit frustrated with Nathan today. He goes to a vocational school this year and he has since decided that he isn't too fond of his class. We told him he needs to stick it out for a while and not just drop it the minute he actually feels challenged. It takes quite a bit to make this boy feel challenged. Well, yesterday he forgot to take his uniform and found out that if he wasn't dressed for class, he didn't go to class. They put him in a study hall basically all afternoon and he read books. Now I love for him to read, but not when he should be in class. Oh well, accidents happen, right?! Well... guess what Dear Nathan forgot today? His shirt. I found it on his bed after he got on the bus. I think he might be trying to Get Out Of Class Free today. I told him to put it in his bag, and I even asked him later if he had, and he said yes. I'm not a happy Momma right now. I would take the shirt to him, but the school is about 45 minutes away, and I have no gas to get there.

5 comments:

Mia Goddess said...

Dude, you know what my mom would have done? Give the school office an extra shirt, and then there's never any excuse for not having it. Because I tried all that crap too! And I would just roll my eyes at her, but now, as a mom who has to deal with all this nonsense, I way get it. Poor moms! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no NATHAN!!!!!!Wow I thought he was really gonna give it a try. Hmmm I sorry u don't fell well

JANDG said...

Hey things will look up. Just like you guys always tell me. If you needs me I'm here to for people. I feel the same way with mine at times and you know them well enough. Well we will see you at the cookout.
Love ya,
John

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Seems like kids are in the mood to challenge us parents lately

AngelConradie said...

oy... damien also has a habit of "forgetting" things even after i have asked him and reminded him and double checked!