Sunday, August 24, 2008

School is Coming!

Yay! School starts tomorrow!! Nathan started last week, but Anna and Nicky start tomorrow, so it will be my first day of ME time :) Looking forward to that :)

I'm hoping to utilize my time this year a bit more productively. I would of course like to focus on my weight loss again. I was doing fairly well getting back on track in the early part of the year, but I hit the skids when Nathan went into the hospital and I haven't been able to get back on board. I've made a couple of half-assed attempts, but my heart wasn't in it. To start this time I am gonna try a short little challenge. 3 weeks. I am going away for the weekend on Sept. 12 to visit with friends and I want to see how much I can lose by then. Seeing some decent results in the beginning always motivates me to stick with it. If I can't deal for 3 weeks then i got bigger problems than thunder thighs. Plus, Curves is running a challenge in September. Nothing fancy, just a commitment to be there at least three times a week, but there's prizes at the end, so I am more likely to go, LOL. I'll let you know how it goes :)

I would also like to work more on my scrapbooking. I love it, but dredging up the motivation to pull everything out of the numerous closets it is stuffed into takes some doing, LOL. I'm working on getting a better storage solution for my supplies, so hopefully soon it won't be such a chore.

I would like to use more time to pamper myself. Bubble baths and manicures and facials and stuff. All at home, I can't afford to go out too much to a salon. I have decided though that when i lose a certain amount of weight I will go to a salon and get a real haircut. I keep getting the itch to go get it done, but I'm really trying to hold off. I weigh about 230 pounds right now. I'd really like to hold out on the haircut until I hit 200. Wish me luck!

About 3 months or so ago, Eric went to a 3rd shift position. That has been really difficult for me to adjust to. I don't like going to bed by myself :( I find myself up until 2 or 3am just because I don't want to lay down by myself. It is wreaking havoc on my sleep cycles, which weren't that great to begin with. I am going to try to get to bed every night by 11pm. I need to get better sleep because I need my energy and it just isn't here right now. On the other hand with the work schedule, with the kids starting school, Eric and I will have more alone time together during the day. We've never gotten a great deal of just us time in our relationship, so it will be nice :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it if you stick your mind to it. I am rooting for you.