Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mixed Feelings

A few weeks ago, Eric and I had to have complete physicals with blood work done for his employers insurance. They want a baseline of health for all the employees and their spouses. I was super scared to do it because I've never tested my cholesterol or anything. Being very obviously overweight, obese actually, for many years, I thought my results would be off the charts. I got the report back today, and was stunned to find that everything (heart rate, blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol) was in the normal range! So I guess that while I'm not doing enough to lose weight at this point, all the moderate exercise at Curves is at least keeping me healthy! The only thing in the test that was "high risk" was my BMI. But we already knew that, right?!

On the other hand, Eric's results were not fabulous. His blood pressure is a bit off, but his cholesterol is ridiculously high. His good cholesterol is way low. He needs to do something quickly to get his health in check. I've always been a bit concerned because his male relatives all seemed to have issues with their hearts. This is just like a punch in the gut. I hope he takes it seriously as a wake up call. He has recently been trying to quit smoking, but I don't know how dedicated he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have ridiculously high cholestrol as well. I gym. I'm not THAT overweight. Still....very high

Good to hear that YOU are doing so well. I hope your hubby will do something about his cholestrol